Dr. Roberto Valcavi introduces ablative therapies to the Middle East
Ultrasound evaluation of thyroid nodules
- How to discriminate between benign and malignant lesions by ultrasound examination;
- Which patients to select for fine needle aspiration biopsy examination based on the ultrasound characteristics of the nodule;
- Which patients will be the best candidates for ablative thyroid therapies.
Ablation technologies and techniques in the management of thyroid nodules
- Technologies used for the ablation of thyroid nodules (ethanol, laser, HIFU, Microwave, Radiofrequency);
- Advantages and disadvantages of each technology;
- How to perform thyroid ablation procedures (techniques).